2-Day Seminar Registration
Registration for Cestari Seminars 2022!
* Price is $549 which includes a $50 donation to the Cestari Textile Museum, a Tax Exempt Foundation *
Include the dates you prefer in the comments section. Please start your program on a Monday or Wednesday. You will arrive the night before Day 1 and check out on Day 2. Your program can run on a Monday-Tuesday or a Wednesday-Thursday.
Please note: Accommodations are for 2. Please order 2 seminar packages (or more) per order, listing LYS or Group Name (if appropriate) in the Address 2 field, in order to be placed in the same room together and associated with the correct group. Thank you! (Private room requests will add $100, please let us know if this is your preference.)
Seminars are available April 1 - Nov 30th!
- Two nights lodging, two to a room, at the newly restored Hotel 24 South in Staunton, VA (for a private room, add $100)
- Two days breakfast at the hotel
- Two days visiting our log cabin Country Store & Textile Museum in Augusta Springs and our operating mill in Churchville
- Two days lunch
- Expert teaching on specific areas of crafts such as knitting, crocheting, spinning on our spinning wheels, felting, and weaving - for a total of 2 hours of teaching
- Learn about our dyeing operation
- Visit the Frontier Culture Museum with a special textile program at their English, Irish, German, African, and American 17th & 18th century farms
- Ride on our Conestoga Wagon to our sheep and lambing barn to learn about sheep, wool, and their history (weather permitting)
Dinners and transportation to and from the mill are not included in the tour fee. There are many fine restaurants located in downtown Staunton within walking distance of the hotel.
This opportunity for this type of seminar is unique in the United States. Imagine, if you will, being informed of many aspects of sheep, wool, and dyeing natural fibers, together with the manufacturing of yarn - the old and the new, while doing it in a bucolic and pastoral environment. This surely will be a most memorable event. Our seminars will start May 10, 2021 and will be available April through November each year.