Sample Seminar Itinerary:
Arrive at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel on a Sunday afternoon.
Day 1: Monday
1. Breakfast at Stonewall Jackson Hotel
2. Trip to our facility in Augusta Springs, VA
a. Introductions in our office
b. Ride on our Conestoga Wagon to the sheep barn. Visit with the sheep and learn how we handle them using modern equipment
c. Return to our Country Store
d. Lecture on the history of wool & sheep; discussion about Virginia cotton
3. Lunch and free-time for crafting
4. 2-hour lecture on hand crafts
5. Trip to Frontier Culture Museum for an exciting visit to five 17th and 18th century farms with special emphasis on fiber made the old way
6. Return to Stonewall Jackson Hotel
Day 2: Tuesday
1. Breakfast at Stonewall Jackson Hotel and check-out
2. Trip to our facilities at Augusta Springs, VA
a. Visit our textile museum; share thoughts about Frontier Culture Museum from previous day
b. 2-hour lecture on hand crafts
c. Lunch and free-time for crafting
3. Trip to Churchville, VA to visit mill and observe dyeing operation
4. Return to our facilities at Augusta Springs, VA and visit our Country Store
5. End of program
We are excited to announce that we are scheduling Cestari Seminars, beginning April 20, 2020! The opportunity for this type of seminar is unique in the United States. Imagine, if you will, being informed about many aspects of sheep, wool, and dyeing natural fibers, together with the manufacturing of yarn - the old and the new - while doing it in a bucolic and pastoral environment. This surely will be a most memorable event.
You can register for this event on our website by clicking here. You are also welcome to call or email us to make your arrangements.
Visits to our Country Store and self-guided tours of our museum are always free! Contact us to plan a visit.
We can't wait to see you!
Wear comfortable clothes and bring footwear appropriate for a farm and for walking.
Help us improve and increase the wool sheep numbers in the U.S.A.! Click here to see how.
Thank you for your continued support,
CEO, Cestari Sheep & Wool Company
Visit our lamb website here: CestariFreshLamb.com!