Sample Seminar Itinerary:
Arrive the night before your 2-day seminar begins at Hotel 24 South in Staunton, Virginia.
Day 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
1. Breakfast at Hotel 24 South
2. Travel to our 8,000 square foot Country Store (use 2570 Little Calf Pasture Hwy, Swoope, Virginia 24479 in your GPS)
a. Introductions and welcoming in our log cabin
b. Ride on our Conestoga Wagon to the sheep barn. Visit with the sheep and learn how we handle them using modern equipment.
c. Return to our Country Store
d. Lecture on the history of wool & sheep; discussion about Virginia cotton
3. Lunch and free-time for crafting in our textile museum
4. 2-hour lecture on hand crafts
5. Trip to Frontier Culture Museum for an exciting visit to five 17th and 18th century farms with special emphasis on fiber made the old way
6. Return to Hotel 24 South
Day 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
1. Breakfast at Hotel 24 South and check-out
2. Travel to our Country Store at Augusta Springs, VA
a. Visit our textile museum; share thoughts about Frontier Culture Museum from previous day
b. 2-hour lecture on hand crafts
c. Lunch and free-time for crafting
3. Trip to Churchville, VA to visit mill and observe dyeing operation
4. Return to our log cabin at Augusta Springs, VA and shop at our Country Store
5. End of program
We are excited to begin scheduling ranch & textile Cestari Seminars, beginning May 10, 2021! The opportunity for this type of seminar is unique in the United States. Imagine, if you will, being informed about many aspects of sheep, wool, and dyeing natural fibers, together with the manufacturing of yarn - the old and the new - while doing it in a bucolic and pastoral environment. This surely will be a most memorable event.
You can register for this event on our website by clicking here. You are also welcome to call or email us to make your arrangements.
Visits to our Country Store and self-guided tours of our museum are always free! Contact us to plan a visit.
We can't wait to see you!
Wear comfortable clothes and bring footwear appropriate for a farm and for walking.
Click to set custom HTML
Help us improve and increase the wool sheep numbers in the U.S.A.! Click here to see how.
Thank you for your continued support,
CEO, Cestari Sheep & Wool Company
Visit our lamb website here: CestariFreshLamb.com!